Please refer to the UCSB Travel Office Website for complete details regarding travel:
UCSB Business and Financial Services - Travel
Travel Prior Approval Form
This form should be completed and approved prior to each trip.
Request for Travel Advance
You may request a travel advance for expenses incurred prior to a trip. You must submit original receipts with a completed, signed Travel Prior Approval Form and specifically request a travel advance.
Please remember to register for UC Trip Insurance for any travel outside of California. If you make your reservations via Connexxus (excluding flights on Southwest Airlines), your trip is automatically registered.
Travel Insurance Registration Information
Domestic Travel Worksheet
Complete, obtain appropriate approval signature and return to the form with original receipts* to the appropriate CNSI staff member. There is no per diem rate for domestic travel less than 30 days. Please record your actual expenditures on the Domestic Travel Worksheet.
Foreign Travel Worksheet
Complete, obtain appropriate approval signature and return to the form with original receipts* to the appropriate CNSI staff member. Please refer to the website on US. for federal per diem rate maximums.
*Receipts for all expenses for which you seek reimbursement are required including, but not limited to:
- Airline Passenger Receipts**
- Rental car receipts, rail ticket stubs, bus tickets
- Local transportation receipts
- Receipts for miscellaneous expenses (supplies)
- Hotel receipts (must be itemized to show nightly rates, applicable taxes, etc.)
- Conference Registration Receipts
**U.S. Flag Carriers must be used for travel on federal funds.
Declaration of Missing Evidence
If you are unable to locate original receipts for your trip, please complete a Declaration of Missing Evidence with an alternate proof of purchase (i.e. credit card statement showing payment).
Direct Billing to Contract / Grant
If you would like to have the cost of your airfare directly billed to your contract/grant, please do the following:
- Submit a completed and signed travel prior approval form to the appropriate CNSI staff member
- Reserve your flight through Connexxus
- Send the reservation e-mail to the appropriate CNSI staff member. Given the short turnaround time to complete the transaction, please contact either CNSI Financial Manager or Assistant Director if you do not receive a prompt email reply.