CNSI Innovation Workshop
"In theory, there is no difference between practice and theory. In practice, there is." – Yogi Berra
The CNSI Innovation Workshop – a makerspace facility – enables innovators from UCSB and local companies to build and test prototypes of their inventions. The Workshop fills a vital gap in campus resources: a place where any innovator can fabricate and test their ideas using tools that are well-suited for beginners.
The Innovation Workshop is open to research groups, TMP and Capstone teams, individual users, incubator companies, external users, and is available for education and outreach.
Available tools include (full list coming soon):
- Electronics assembly and testing
- Laser cutting
- 3-D printing (SLA, FDM & Polyjet)
- Mechanical assembly and testing
- Light metal and woodworking
- Supplies for sale
- Instrumentation for temperature & pressure measurement