Storerooms & Services

There are four primary resources on-campus from which you may wish to purchase research/laboratory supplies or request services.  If you are authorized to use funds administered by CNSI with any of these resources, you may obtain the appropriate account code information from our financial administrative staff.  As indicated below, some departments require pre-authorization by individual researcher to access their resources.

Reminder: No office/administrative supplies are allowed to be purchased on research contracts and grants plus all purchases or recharges over $500 must be authorized in writing by the principal investigator on your research project.


The Chemistry Department Storeroom (common reagents and chemical laboratory supplies), Electronics Shop and Glass Shop. You must be pre-authorized to use these resources by an appropriate CNSI Administrative Staff Member.

College of Engineering 

The College of Engineering Machine Shop is a full-service machine shop that provides machining, assembly, fabrication services, and design assistance in support of research projects and instructional laboratories on campus.  The shop is equipped with conventional and CNC (Computer Numerically Controlled) mills and lathes, EDMs (Electrical Discharge Machines), welding equipment, bandsaws, grinders, etc.  The COE Machine Shop will require a thirteen-digit account number for billing purposes.

Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology

The MCDB (AKA Bio) Storeroom is another sources for research supplies. You must be pre-authorized to use these resources by an appropriate CNSI Administrative Staff Member.


The Physics Department manages a Storeroom (contains many common electronics, computer and lab supplies) and Machine Shop. When obtaining research supplies from the Physics Storeroom or requesting services from the Machine Shop, please be sure to use the appropriate two-letter Physics Department Account Code that corresponds to your project's funding source.


Treated as an Off-campus vendor (you will need to use a purchase order)