UCSB transitioned to Concur for expense reimbursement processing on February 1, 2022. All requests for travel and business meeting reimbursements must be submitted via Concur by a UCSB Employee.
Enter your UCSB e-mail address and click “Next” on the landing page. You will be re-directed to “Sign in with UC Santa Barbara SSO”.
Non-UCSB Employees: If you are not an employee in the UCPath System, your reimbursement will need to be processed by your host as a “Guest” in the Concur system.
Adds CNSI Preparer Delegates:
Note: If minor corrections are required, a Preparer Delegate may make them for the Requestor. If a Preparer Delegate makes corrections, the system may require the Requestor to resubmit (re-approve) the request submission.
- Alana Beal (firstname.lastname@example.org) - General CNSI
- Kelsey Leonard Moore (email@example.com) - Quantum Foundry
- Debbie Kleinpeter (firstname.lastname@example.org) - BioPACIFIC MIP
- Christopher Gloo (email@example.com) - Exceptional Purchase Reimbursements
Inputs reimbursement request
Adds Advisor/Supervisor as an Ad Hoc Approver (Expense)
- Advisor / Supervisor
- Reviews and approves request
- CNSI Department Expense Approver
Receives and reviews the reimbursement request.
Note: Reimbursement is forwarded to Business and Financial Services (BFS) for payment processing. For split-funded reimbursements, request is forwarded to administering department(s) for additional funding sources prior to BFS.
- Prior Approval / Travel Advance
Prior approval is recommended for each trip.
You may request a travel advance for expenses incurred prior to a trip. You must submit original receipts with a completed, signed Travel Prior Approval Form and specifically request a travel advance.
A cash advance may also be requested within 10-30 days prior to a trip. Please allow for processing time.
- Common Coding Info (Sub Accounts and Cost Types)
Sub 3: Business Meeting Reimbursements
Cost Type: 7250 (Business Meeting Expense)
Cost Type: 7750 (alcohol) – unrestricted funds only
Sub 3: Purchase Reimbursements
Reminder: All purchases should be made via Gateway to the greatest extent possible. Membership reimbursements require an additional form.
Contact CNSI Purchasing Coordinator for cost type details.
Sub 5: Domestic Travel Reimbursements
Cost Type: 2000 (In-State Travel)
Cost Type: 2900 (Domestic Travel, Out of State)
Cost Type: 2100 (Registration Fees)
Sub 7: Foreign Travel Reimbursements
Cost Type: 2902 (Foreign Travel)
- Maximum Daily Reimbursement Rates
For travel within the Continental United States, the daily maximum reimbursement rates are:
- $275.00 for lodging
- $62.00 for meals and incidentals
Allowable exceptions to the maximum lodging reimbursement maximums may be submitted via the Lodging Limit Justification Form.
- Required Receipts
Receipts for all expenses for which you seek reimbursement are required including, but not limited to:
• Airline Passenger Receipts**
• Rental car receipts, rail ticket stubs, bus tickets
• Local transportation receipts
• Receipts for miscellaneous expenses (supplies)
• Hotel receipts (must be itemized to show nightly rates, applicable taxes, etc.)
• Conference Registration Receipts
**U.S. Flag Carriers must be used for travel on federal funds.
Additional details may be found on the Common Types of Supporting Documentation.
- Submitting a Request for a Guest
Reimbursements for non-UCSB Employees (not in UCPath) must be processed by a host as a “Guest” in the Concur system.
To begin the process, submit a ticket via Service Now:
- Select "Concur"
- Select "Request a New Guest Traveler"
Concur Reimbursement Portal
- Concur Resources
- Policies and Regulations Governing Travel (G-28)
- Maximum Domestic Daily Rates
- Federal Per Diem Rates (Foreign Travel Only)
- Travel less than 24 hours
- UC Traveler Insurance Coverage
- Common Types of Supporting Documentation
- Lodging Limit Justification Form
- Declaration of Missing Evidence
- Meals Log: Page 2
- Membership Form