Additional Tools & Materials
In addition to those listed below, the Microfluidics Lab at CNSI has a several tools to support fabrication of custom devices and fixtures. We also stock a vast selection of useful equipment and materials for lab users, including tubing, tapes & adhesives, syringes, and more.
Trotec Speedy 100 Laser Cutter
60W CO2 laser cutter with a 12” x 24” bed.
Haas Super Mini
3-axis CNC mill equipped with automatic tool change and commonly used tooling.
Sonoplot Multimaterial Writer
CNC microplotter for precise dispensing of small volumes.
- Steps to Access the Microfluidics Lab
- Contact Microfluidics Lab staff to get trained on the instrument. Completion of a new user orientation and safety briefing is required before obtaining card-key access to the CNSI Workshops. Tool-specific training is required for all tools and instruments in the lab
- All users must complete UCSB Environmental Health and Safety’s Fundamentals of Laboratory Safety course. The course is offered in person at the beginning of each quarter, and is also available on-line.
- Apply to CNSI for electronic door access to the facility.
- Microfluidics Lab Staff will add you to the FBS reservation system
Complete instructions regarding access can be found here
- Acknowledging Support
Please remember to acknowledge CNSI resources in scientific publications and presentations by including this statement:
“The authors acknowledge the use of the Microfluidics Laboratory within the California NanoSystems Institute, supported by the University of California, Santa Barbara and the University of California, Office of the President.”