Imaging and Measurement
The Microfluidics Lab at CNSI houses a variety of tools for inspection and imaging. With capabilities for transmission & reflection microscopy, 3D image stitching, and high speed video capture, users from all over campus appreciate the versatility we offer.
Keyence VHX-5000 Microscope
Dual capability reflection & transmission microscope with motorized X, Y, and Z axes. Up to 1,000X magnification.
Phantom VR211 High Speed Camera
High speed camera with a variety of lenses and lighting accessories for precise imaging of dynamic subjects.
Mitutoyo Depth Gage
Digital depth gage with an assortment of probe geometries for measuring step heights.
- Steps to Access the Microfluidics Lab
- Contact Microfluidics Lab staff to get trained on the instrument. Completion of a new user orientation and safety briefing is required before obtaining card-key access to the CNSI Workshops. Tool-specific training is required for all tools and instruments in the lab
- All users must complete UCSB Environmental Health and Safety’s Fundamentals of Laboratory Safety course. The course is offered in person at the beginning of each quarter, and is also available on-line.
- Apply to CNSI for electronic door access to the facility.
- Microfluidics Lab Staff will add you to the FBS reservation system
Complete instructions regarding access can be found here
- Acknowledging Support
Please remember to acknowledge CNSI resources in scientific publications and presentations by including this statement:
“The authors acknowledge the use of the Microfluidics Laboratory within the California NanoSystems Institute, supported by the University of California, Santa Barbara and the University of California, Office of the President.”